Monday, July 6, 2020

Life is short

“Good morning Khatriji.  What a pleasant surprise”, I responded on hearing  ring on my mobile phone.

There was pin drop silence from other end.

I said, “hello sir....”

“Pradeepji, I am his wife. Khatri sab is no more”. The choked voice said.

“Very sad” I responded.

“Since everything happened so fast, I am clue less and checking from his mobile contacts, if you have anything to do with him”,  she said.

I was stunned and felt sorry for her.
Mr Albela khatri was very young.

A few days ago, I called my doctor Mr. Gill on his mobile.

“Good morning Dr sab.  How are you?”, I said.

“uncle papa ab nahi rahe”, his son responded.

I was taken aback. Dr Sab was hardly 45 and cancer took toll of his life.

Life is short. Nobody knows what  is there for us tomorrow.

Let us avoid jealousy, learn to love each other, respect friends and burn “ego”.  Ego is the sign of inferiority complex.

If you can’t help someone. Atleast don’t harm him.

No comments: